Wednesday, March 24, 2010

First Baby Shower for Emmalie and Baby John

This past Sunday a group of my sweet, sweet friends hosted the most special baby shower for me and baby John.

When I walked in, I instantly started to tear up because the details were too much! The sign-in table had the cutest paper dogs that Jan had cut out for guests to leave us a message on. The dining room table was set like a vintage candy bar – complete with pretzels, dog shaped cookies that matched the invitation, a precious cake, and Coke. There were even Coke floats in the kitchen! Lanissa and Holly cut out the adorable “J” lettets that went on each glass. And above the mantel . . . my heart actually skipped a beat! Jennifer found an old Dick and Jane reader page with the words “See, see. Oh, see. See John.” that was framed for his nursery. I still can’t believe it! The “John William” banner below the print was made by Jan. I was still taking all of this in when the guests started to arrive.

I was definitely overwhelmed and feeling very loved! So to Mary Liz, Holly, Jennifer, Jan, Lanissa, and Kristi – I am so honored and grateful to have had a shower so unbelievably cute and special that I will forever treasure.









4 comments:

Sally said...

awww!! that was gorgeous!! Yay for your first shower...is it starting to feel real yet?? :)
you look great mama!! See ya soon!

Brandy said...

What a wonderful shower!!! I think that's the cutest decorated shower that I've seen. I wish I could have been there! You look great Em! John is one lucky boy to have parents as great as you and Matt!!

Shanan & Shannon said...

How sweet! I wish I could have been there to celebrate you and John William with them. I love seeing my sweet friends with their precious babies in their bellies...so thank you for posting the beautiful pic of you and your girlfriends. You look fabulous. I can't wait to see pics of his precious room. Thinking about you during this special time.

Rebekah said...

All the little details were precious! So fun! Hey-I recognize that house!